We will, at all times, comply with government legislation on environmental sustainability.
- We will consider the most environmentally friendly transport possible when travelling around Edinburgh: walking, cycling and taking public transport whenever possible.
- We will ask all contractors and artists working with us to also consider their transport options when travelling to and from engagements with us. We will advise travelling together as a group and via public transport.
- We will not book artists from overseas unless they are planning a tour in the United Kingdom ie we will not ask anyone to fly into the country for just one engagement.
- We will comply with Scotland’s waste/recycling regulations – https://www.zerowastescotland.org.uk/waste-scotland-regulations
- We expect all contractors to also comply with these regulations.
- We expect all venues to also comply with these regulations.
- We do not supply riders as these inevitably lead to wasted food and packaging.
REDUCING SINGLE USE PLASTIC USE
- We require all contractors and artists to bring their own reusable water bottles and food containers.
- In all other purchasing we will also seek alternatives to single use plastic.
- We are committed to employing local teams of technicians, and other contractors such as printing, design marketing and PR professionals.
- All technical equipment is sourced from suppliers within Edinburgh, as far as possible.
- All other purchasing will be locally sourced, as far as possible.
We have no premises of our own but require that all venues have their own policy covering water and energy efficiency.
KEEPING UP TO DATE
We will review this policy annually.
POLICY LAST REVIEWED: 30/06/23